Provide an approximate 1500-word document analyzing the difference between preparedness and mitigation, and discuss why preparedness is considered the building block to Emergency Management
Provide an approximate 1500-word document analyzing important concepts in the readings. Ensure your apply the discussion points and assume you are writing for an uninformed reader that knows nothing about the topic and has not read what you read. Provide an introduction that gives the background of the resource that you are reviewing, so the reader will understand what they are reading and why.
Analyze, discuss, and apply the following:
- the development and evolution of Emergency Management from the 1800s to 2000.
- the impact of 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina on the field of emergency management
- the impact of Hurricane Sandy on Emergency Management
- the concept of mitigation to include the financial benefits of mitigation programs and federal and non-federal mitigation programs
- the difference between preparedness and mitigation, and discuss why preparedness is considered the building block to Emergency Management
- the systems approach to preparedness