Identify a task currently performed by another system (e.g., manned or uncontrollable) that an unmanned system would be well suited to perform. Discuss the perceived need of the system and compare and contrast possible unmanned system platforms and designs appropriate for the task.
12 pages – double space – Font :times new roman 12
Application Project Paper about: Ground Minesweeper robot.
In this course, you will be required to develop a project paper demonstrating an understanding of the course topics by analyzing, evaluating, and developing recommendations
supporting use of an unmanned system design/configuration to meet a task manually performed by humans or that is uncontrolled. For this project, you will need to perform the following:
· Identify a task currently performed by another system (e.g., manned or uncontrollable) that an unmanned system would be well suited to perform.
· Discuss the perceived need of the system (why an unmanned system would be preferable, benefits and advantages) based on a current issue with the existing manner of performing the task.
· Compare and contrast possible unmanned system platforms and designs appropriate for the task.
· Evaluate and discuss the considerations (technological, social, environmental, and political) associated with an unmanned system application solution, including contributing factors, end effects, and legal, ethical, and safety concerns.
· Formulate a specific solution or research strategy to address the perceived need, including any appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
· Utilize an appropriate research method and statistical analysis (if applicable) to obtain data and reference materials to support your work.
· Recommend future research strategies to better understand the issue and add to the collective body of knowledge associated with unmanned systems.
While it is good to have a solid background to the problem, an earlier engagement of or disclosure of the the idea of using UGV’s to detect and clear a mine field would keep a reader who is scanning your document for the purpose of a scholarly peer review, with a subject matter of how to use UGV’s to clear mine fields.
Clean up the fields and saving lives of military personnel. Discussing the pros and cons.
-The American Association for the Advancement of Science (Dec 1995) Robot mine detector
-Najjaran, Homayoun; Goldenberg, Andrew A.(2005)Landmine detection using an autonomous terrain-scanning robot.
-Kuo-Lan Su, Hsu-Shan Su, Sheng-Wen Shiao,Jr-Hung Guo (Dec 2011)Motion planning for a landmine-detection robot.