Practicum – Week 5 Journal Entry
· Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
· Evaluate the efficacy of therapeutic approaches for clients*
· Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric
Select a client whom you observed or counseled that suffers from a disorder related to trauma. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any
pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the DSM-5, explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
· Explain whether any of the therapeutic approaches in this week’s Learning
Resources would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based
on these therapeutic approaches. Support your approach with evidence-based
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.
Wheeler, K. (Ed.). (2014). Psychotherapy for the advanced practice psychiatric nurse: A how-to guide for evidence-based practice (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Ochberg, F. (2012). Psychotherapy for chronic PTSD [Video file]. Mill Valley, CA: Psychotherapy.net.
· NOTE: PLEASE SEE AND PAY ATTENTION TO THE ATTACHED Practicum Journal
Template AND JOURNAL SAMPLE (TIME LOG & JOURNAL ENTRIES) FOR WRITING
THIS ASSIGNMENT…..ALSO FOR THE TIME LOG AND JOURNAL ENTRIES, JUST
MAKE UP A REASONABLE INFORMATION AND CLIENT INFORMATION IN MENTAL